Read several advice articles and post a minimum of 3 messages (your response and two replies).
The following websites (in no particular order) offer advice on writing short bio statements, like the writing you need to do for the Professional Biography Statements assignment:
- How to Write Short Company Newsletter Bios of Employees (eHow)
- Transform Staff Bios from Mundane to Magical in 6 Easy Steps (GettingAttention.org)
- “Meet the Team” Pages: Examples and Trends (Smashing Magazine)
- How to Write a Short Bio About Yourself (Chron)
- How to Write a Snappy, Tight Professional Bio (NBC Chicago)
- How to Write a Sample Self-Bio at a New Job (Global Post)
- Writing a Professional Biography (U of Rochester)
- Top Ten Tips for Writing a Professional Overview or Biography (Ezine @rticles)
- How to Write A Bio- Tips for Building Your Personal Brand (Brand Yourself)
- Samples of Professional Branding Statements (Dummies.com)
To get started on Project 1, complete the following tasks:
Read through several of the resources. Most of them are short, and you should be able to skim through them quickly. Pay attention to the advice you see them repeating and anything that catches your eye (whether it’s good or bad).
Go to Discussions in Canvas and choose the "Readings for Project 1" discussion. Post your response to the advice you have read. There are some questions to help you get started.
Once you have posted about your readings, read through what others had to say, and reply to two or more of the ideas or questions that your classmates have posted. Be sure that your replies are well-developed.