This is the post for the week of July 12–18, 2016.
Readings for the Week of July 12
- The assignment for Project 2.
- Information on conducting research and chapter 5 of Markel.
- Details on document design and chapter 7 of Markel.
- Information on kinds of correspondence and chapter 9 of Markel.
- (Optional, free with VT Login) Lynda.com videos on using tables in Microsoft Word 2011 or Word 2013.
Work for the Week of July 12
By 11:59 PM on Wednesday, July 13
Take the reading quizzes on Chapters 5, 7, and 9 of Markel. See the policies for quizzes on the course logistics page. The grace period ends at 11:59 PM on Thursday, July 14. Remember that the quizzes for Week 1 are also due.
Get started on your second project, by working through the slides in this Project 2 Overview & Tips Slideshow:
By 11:59 PM on Thursday, July 14
Post your draft, following the instructions on the course website.
By 11:59 PM on Friday, July 15
Give feedback to the two classmates who are assigned to you, following the instructions on the course website.
After 12:01 AM on Saturday, July 16
Revise your draft based on the peer feedback you received, using the Canvas Documentation to find your peers’ feedback.
By 11:59 PM on Monday, July 18
Submit your revised draft, following these instructions. If you need more time, use the grace period and turn in your work by 11:59 PM on February 29. Remember that there are no revisions or rewrites after your work is graded.