This is the post for the week of July 19–25, 2016.
Readings for the Week of July 19
- Assignment for Project 3: Job Application Materials
- Proposal for Job Application Materials
- Project 3: Evaluation Section (what you propose for assessing your work)
- Additional resources for Project 3 (like info on LinkedIn)
- VT Career Planning Guide (skim the guide and use what applies to you)
- Information on résumés and cover letters and Chapter 10 of Markel
Work for the Week of July 19
By 11:59 PM on Tuesday, July 19
Write and submit your proposal for Project 3 by 11:59 PM. This proposal should be a short memo to me that tells me what you want to do for the project. Choose whatever will help you the most in the future, and follow the instructions to include the required information.
By 11:59 PM on Wednesday, July 20
Take the reading quizzes on Chapter 10 of Markel. The grace period ends at 11:59 PM on Thursday, July 21.
Working through the slides in this Tips for Job-App Materials slide presentation (applies to nearly everyone, no matter what project):
By 11:59 PM on Thursday, July 21
Post your draft, following the instructions on the course website.
By 11:59 PM on Friday, July 22
Give feedback to the two classmates who are assigned to you, following the instructions on the course website.
After 12:01 AM on Saturday, July 23
Revise your draft based on the peer feedback you received, using the Canvas Documentation to find your peers’ feedback.
By 11:59 PM on
Monday, July 25Tuesday, July 26 (adjusted because of Canvas problems)
Submit your revised draft, following these instructions. If you need more time, use the grace period and turn in your work by 11:59 PM on July 28. Remember that there are no revisions or rewrites after your work is graded.